Seven Days of Rain -Page 3
Stuart/ Nathan  |  NC-17  |  Angst, AU  |  UK
DeAnna Zankich

Sequel is  |  Well Shagged and Sassy
Summary: The week long wait begins and neither of the boys are holding up too well under the pressure.

Warnings: None
Author Notes: Cameron's on his way, don't worry. In the second part of this story, he'll show himself (but not yet--can you tell I'm not keen on writing that character?).
Spoilers: QAF 1 - set during Ep. 5
Vince:

After trying several outfits, Vince ended up back where he started--a blue close fitting shirt, black trousers and a casual jacket. He did his hair four different ways, then ended up back with the original `do. He had no idea why he was nervous. This date wasn't even real. He was just doing it because he felt like he couldn't get out of it. He was planning to be boring and completely crap company and hoping Cameron would just get sick of him and never call again.

He was still nervous, though, just on the pretense of meeting someone-- anyone that wasn't Stuart--for a romantic dinner. It was mad. It made no sense at all.

He got on the phone as he approached the restaurant and gave his best friend a right earful for making him do this. "It's all your fault," he moaned. "If I end up with life insurance and endowment policies and stocks and shares and things, you're paying for it. All right? Where are you, anyway?"

"We're going to Via Fossa," Stuart said. "I've got a new friend. His name's Martin. So you won't be missed."

"Oh, thanks a lot. You're bringing your client to Via Fossa? How did that happen?"

"It's a long story," Stuart said. "Tell you later. Why don't you bring Cameron down for a drink after dinner?"

"Oh, you love to start shit, don't you?" Vince said, walking up to the restaurant door. "I can't wait to hear how you ended up bringing a business associate to Canal Street. Oh my God. I'm here. I'm going in."

"Good luck. Keep your phone on. Oh, and Vince--one more thing." Stuart's voice lowered, conspiratorially. "You're fantastic."

Pushing the restaurant door open, Vince could see Cameron Roberts waiting for him at the bar. He shook his head and whispered into the receiver. "I'm a fantastic twat."

Stuart:

Standing at a table alone waiting for Martin Brooks to return from the men's room, Stuart glanced around the bar and his eyes landed on Nathan Maloney. Nathan was sitting with two friends--his best friend, Donna, and some other kid. Stuart had seen the other bloke around but they'd never spoken. He was around Nathan's age but not as pretty.

Nathan caught his eye and smiled, brightly. Stuart smiled back, then looked away, not wishing to encourage any further interaction. He felt obligated to keep his distance and hoped Nathan would do the same.

Taking out his mobile, he tried Vince's number again and the call rolled straight to voice mail. This was odd considering he'd just been talking to Vince ten minutes before. They were on a three-way call waiting roller coaster with Marie and Sandra and then Vince had just dropped off the line. Maybe his date got impatient and asked him to switch off the phone.

Martin Brooks had asked to come to Canal Street out of curiosity and once they arrived at Via Fossa, he let slip that his curiosity was more specifically directed. Martin Brooks had a little thing for Stuart. Married, three kids and all, Brooks made a pass and even tried to tie it to his signing of the contract. Stuart had never felt more revolted and harassed in his life, but at the same time, it was hilariously funny. He simply brushed off the advance, saying he had a boyfriend and Brooks had slunk back, apologizing profusely.

Brooks returned from the men's room and joined Stuart at the table again, smiling sheepishly over his third cocktail. Just as Stuart was trying to think of something else to say, Vince trotted up the steps and came to the table, his cheeks flushed and his eyes glassy. He was holding a half finished beer.

"Sweetheart!" Stuart said, happily, grabbing Vince's face and kissing him solidly on the lips. "I've missed you."

Vince blinked, surprised, then laughed. "I'm stockin' up on this after shave. That bastard accountant chucked my phone into the fountain!"

"What?" Stuart stared at him, bewildered, not believing what he was hearing.

"My phone," Vince said. "When I was on with you and Marie and Sandra, he took the phone from me and chucked it in the bloody fountain. And then he ki--"

Stuart covered Vince's mouth again, kissing him longer, slower, wetter. He knew Vince was going to say that Cameron Roberts kissed him, and he couldn't have Martin Brooks hearing that. It would dash the whole boyfriend story all to hell. The kiss was good and deep and he felt it all the way down to his toes, tasting Vince gratuitously, making a display of it but still enjoying the hell out of it. His Vince was an excellent kisser.

"Blimey," Vince breathed, looking at his friend with poorly masked lust.

Stuart grinned at him, touching his tongue to Vince's bottom lip. "Sweetheart, I want you to meet Martin." He turned to his client and smiled, cheerfully. "Martin Brooks, this is my boyfriend, Vince Tyler."

They shook hands and exchanged pleasantries. Martin said he and Stuart had been having a nice evening so far and that Stuart had spoken very highly of Vince. He offered to get another round of drinks and then he went off to the bar. As soon as he was out of earshot, Stuart pressed against his friend and whispered to him.

"He hit on me."

"He didn't."

"He did. He completely hit on me! I almost died. I didn't know what to say."

Vince was clearly biting his cheeks trying to keep from laughing.

"Don't you laugh . . ." Stuart warned.

"It's funny," Vince defended.

"I don't care. Don't laugh!"

Vince squeezed his eyes shut and cracked up laughing, steadying himself by holding on to Stuart's hips.

"Bastard! What am I going to do with him?"

"Let's find him someone to play with." Vince's blue eyes scanned the room and Stuart felt him tense when he spotted Nathan and his friends. "What the fuck is he doing here?" Vince spat.

"He's just having a drink with his mates," Stuart said. "I haven't spoken to him, don't worry."

Vince's gaze held fast on the boy and Stuart turned around to look at their table. Nathan was returning Vince's gaze, holding it just as fast. They stared at each other coldly, unflinching and Stuart turned away, pressing his body flush against Vince's. He nuzzled his friend's ear.

"Stop it," he purred.

Vince's fingers curled around his waist and lightly tickled his skin through the fabric of his shirt, but he kept looking at Nathan.

"Vince. Come on. Stop it. What's the point?" Stuart kissed Vince's neck just below his left ear then he blew warm air against the tender lobe lightly. "You're being stupid now. I'm not some bloody school girl. I don't care for him, I just fancy him. Now, stop it."

Vince moved ever closer to him, mashing their bodies together and lacing his fingers behind Stuart's back. It was a blatant visible display of possession done almost entirely for Nathan's benefit. Stuart surprised himself by suddenly getting very hard. He put his arms around Vince's neck and rubbed himself up and down, feeling the stiffening heat in Vince's trousers.

Vince whispered in his ear. "I'm being stupid, am I? What's turning you on more--my possessiveness or my jealousy?"

Closing his eyes, Stuart's lips turned up in a sultry smile. "Both," he breathed.

Vince took hold of his face and covered Stuart's mouth with his, driving his tongue inside, kissing, probing, tasting. The heat came up like a wave between them and soon they were snogging like mad, eyes closed, hands everywhere at once, bodies grinding together, gasping for breath. Someone brushed by them on their way to the stairs and Stuart opened his eyes in an odd moment of clarity.

Nathan and Donna were just starting down the stairs that lead to the front door and Nathan glanced back in time to catch Stuart's eye. With his tongue stroking Vince's in the hot press of their mouths, he watched the boy closely, unfaltering, his cock tingling and pulsing from the intense mixture of emotions. Nathan's blue eyes traveled the length of Stuart's body, watching him grinding against Vince, looking for the erection he knew was there. Stuart almost came from being watched in that way and he pulled out of the kiss to get a deep breath.

As soon as the spell of that fierce eye contact was broken, Nathan disappeared down the stairs.

"Phew," Vince gasped, smiling, eyes sparkling. "Guess I fancy you or something."

"I guess so."

Vince looked back over at the table and found it deserted. "Good," he said. "Bastard left."

Stuart didn't think it was necessary to mention the interaction he'd just had with Nathan Maloney. Better to leave that a secret.

Realizing he hadn't seen his client in quite a while, Stuart glanced around the bar looking for him. After a moment, he located Martin Brooks standing by the railing that overlooked the dance floor. Brooks seemed heavily and happily engaged in a conversation with two rather good-looking young men.

"Look at that," Stuart said, nodding in Brooks' direction. "He might get himself a threesome."

"Eww," Vince shivered and they both laughed.

Stuart grinned, pressing close to his friend again. "Looks like we're on our own, then."

"So . . ?" Vince smiled, playfully.

"Uh . . . shots? And a little raunchy dancing, maybe?" Stuart raised his eyebrows, hopefully.

Vince seemed to be considering the idea, then he pursed his lips and shook his head, in mock resignation. "I don't know, Stuart. Maybe we shouldn't be shagging each other while we're trying to sort all this out. Might cloud our judgement."

Stuart nodded, squinting. "I see. Well . . . do I get a vote on that?"

"Of course you do."

"Right then. Come on." He took Vince's hand and lead him to the bar without another word.

They ordered two shots of vodka each and drank them quickly. They passed Martin Brooks on the way down the stairs to the dance floor and Stuart pointed, indicating they would be down there if he needed anything. He smiled politely raising his drink to them and then he went back to his conversation with the two young men.

Down on the floor, the beat of the dark, throbbing music became infectious. The melody was almost sinister, full of minor chords and layers of bassy percussion. Stuart lead Vince to the front of the floor, near the stage and they pressed close, legs laced together, hips touching, eyes locked. The beat moved them effortlessly and they rocked against each other like two parts of a pulsating machine. Stuart could feel the strong beat in his chest as though it were coming from inside of him. He licked his lips and closed his eyes, balancing against Vince and feeling the warm burn of the raw vodka course through him. He held on to his friend's arms lightly just to make sure he was anchored then he let his head drop back, surrendering to the music.

The floor was crowded and he felt the heat of other bodies near him as he moved. Vince's skin was soft and hot and Stuart fingers danced over the fine hairs on his arms, tickling them slowly. The friction between them nearly made him dizzy as they rubbed their erect cocks against each other unabashedly. With his eyes closed, Stuart's senses were suddenly polarized to sound and touch and scent and he felt his temperature rising quickly. Vince's hands supported him by his hips and he kept the fast rhythm solidly, letting Stuart dance more freely.

A man behind him moved in closely and picked up their rhythm, his back pressed against Stuart's back. Stuart allowed himself to be supported by the stranger which enabled him to lift his hips a bit more into his movement against Vince. He felt Vince's fingers lift up his shirt and stroke his belly and the sensation was pure heaven. Stuart moaned but he couldn't hear it over the music, he just felt the vibration of his voice in his chest and throat and he rocked harder as the DJ layered one song into another and the beat picked up slightly.

The man behind leaned his head back over Stuart's shoulder and nuzzled his ear. Stuart let himself be touched, eyes still closed, riding an increasing wave of pleasure. Vince's fingers slid up his body to his nipples and toyed with them. The man beside him licked his neck and whispered to him.

"Can I kiss you?" the stranger said against his ear.

Stuart opened his eyes and looked right at Vince to see if he'd noticed this other suitor.

Vince was smiling at him in a dark, smoldering way that made Stuart bite his lip. He didn't look like Vince at all, but like someone possessed with desire and carnal obsession. He indicated with his eyes that he had in fact seen this other man and Vince's expression gave Stuart permission to play--but only a little bit.

Stuart wet his lips, let his head drop back again and he kissed the man beside him roughly, tangling their tongues together and chewing the stranger's full lips. The man seemed to know that kiss was all he was getting from the hot brunette and he made the most of it, snogging hard, getting a really good taste of Stuart's mouth. Just as the kiss bordered on becoming something more, Vince pulled Stuart back by the waistband of his trousers. The stranger danced away.

Vince turned Stuart around so they were spooned together, rocking in an almost circular rhythm. Vince was hard but not straining and Stuart wanted to fix that. He rubbed his ass against his friend's crotch, sliding up and down in time with the beat, seducing, teasing, enticing. His arms went up over his head, around Vince's neck, exposing his belly as he reached back. Vince bit his neck and slid his hand down the taut muscles of Stuart's torso and went straight down into his trousers, passed the elastic of his Calvin's and right to his wet, hard cock. Stuart arched up and moaned loudly, but again he couldn't hear it, only feel the vibration of the sound coming from inside his body.

Other bodies were close again and Stuart felt the same stranger he'd kissed move in on him from the front. His eyes were only open a bit but he could see the good-looking, tall young man getting right up in front of him and intending to reach out and touch him. He made no effort to encourage or discourage this action, he simply waited to see what Vince would do--if he would allow any more of this sort of play.

Suddenly, Vince's free hand extended out and pressed flat against the hard belly of the handsome stranger. He looked at the man from over Stuart's shoulder and simply shook his head, slowly. The stranger smiled sexily and made one more attempt to make contact but Vince pressed him back--that time more firmly. Stuart could hear him making a low sound that was almost a growl and the primal quality of it made Stuart laugh. Not because it was funny, but because it was wonderful.

Stuart dropped his head back and ground into Vince's hand, his cock tingling deliciously. He knew he was going to come in a matter of seconds and he wished he could hold back, but there was no way. He hadn't been that turned on in ages and he was powerless against it. He pressed back into Vince and humped against his hot fingers, coming like a schoolboy having a forbidden wank someplace where he might get caught. The thrill of the situation was the biggest catalyst for the orgasm--public demonstration. Stuart Jones loved to be watched and he loved nothing more than to be watched while he had sex. All those hungry eyes on him, craving him, made him feel like a naughty, wanton god. He turned around in Vince's arms, kissing his lover hungrily. He took Vince's hand and brought it to his lips, licking his own semen off those warm fingers. He sucked Vince's thumb like it was a cock, more aware than ever that everyone around them was watching them, captivating by them. Stuart felt like he could fly.

Vince smiled wolfishly, taking Stuart's hand and leading him back across the floor, out by the bar, down the stairs and out the front door. He hailed a cab and all but shoved Stuart into it, scrambling in after him and giving the driver Stuart's address.

"Will your client be all right?" he asked, pulling Stuart into his lap in the back seat of the cab.

"He's a big boy," Stuart said. "I'm sure he knows how to get a taxi. He saw us leave, anyway." Stuart couldn't stop smiling as he straddled his friend and kissed him over and over. "You were so . . . my God, Vince. It was like you were someone else."

Vince was still wearing that animalistic grin as he held Stuart's hips in his hands and directed him on his lap until he was in just the right position. He ground his incredibly hard cock against Stuart's balls and into the crack of his ass. "You mean it was like being with a stranger?" he said, softly.

"No," Stuart said. "It was like being with a different version of you."

They were at 16 Mariners Court in no time and Stuart told the driver it was on account. They took the stairs up to the flat and tumbled in the front door, letting it slam closed behind them.

Clothing flew, Stuart's keys skittered across the wood floor and they nearly tripped up the steps to the bed. Vince threw him on his back and covered him, both of them naked then. The sheets were clean white cotton but they were soft and welcoming. Vince kissed him hard, chasing Stuart's tongue around in his mouth. Stuart rolled over on top of Vince and reached into the night table for the needed supplies. For a moment, he wasn't sure if Vince wanted to top or not, but that was Stuart's plan. He wanted Vince inside him in the worst way and he was not taking no for an answer.

He slid the condom on his lover's cock, sucking his nipples loudly. He knew the sucking sound would get to Vince and he would abandon any remaining sense of control he thought he had.

"You want me to . . ?"

"Badly," Stuart answered, taking Vince's hand and covering his fingers with slick lube. He raised up to give him access and then he moaned as Vince's fingers slid up inside him, rubbing, stretching, searching for the prostate.

Reaching down, he grabbed Vince's cock and moved over him so he could sit right down on it. He waited while Vince withdrew his fingers, then he kept their eyes locked as he inserted the pulsing erection inside himself. The stretch in that position was almost painful but only for a moment. Stuart spread his legs and balanced himself with his hands on Vince's raised thighs. Sliding down further and further, Vince's cock head connected with that glorious pleasure point and Stuart groaned, his eyes sliding closed. His nipples hardened, his lips felt hot and he clenched the muscles in his anus, squeezing Vince's cock tightly.

Vince grabbed his hips and lifted him up, then pulled him down, controlling the rhythm even though he was on his back. Stuart positioned his legs so he had more leverage then he picked up the pace Vince had started, rising and falling on the hot cock inside him with increased intensity. Vince's hand found and stroked Stuart's throbbing cock in time with his thrusts, pulling on the tingling head at the same exact moment his cock head touched Stuart's prostate inside. The combined pleasure was blinding and Stuart felt his heart racing as the orgasm chased after him, catching him and bringing him down fiercely for the second time that night.

Vince cried out under him, his hips bucking as he came, patches of blush spreading out over his torso and face. He held Stuart still, his thumbs digging into the flesh of his hips, as the last of the contractions ripped through him. Then, they rolled over to the side together, their connection breaking naturally and gently. Vince discarded the condom over the edge of the bed, his fingers lingering on the head of his cock, stroking gently, drawing out the last of the pleasure.

Lying on his side, Stuart watched this unselfconscious masturbatory act with acute attention--almost pride. Vince was so at ease with him now. He scooted over on the bed and curled up against his friend, loving the warmth of his skin and the scent of their mixed fluids. Vince laid his arm over Stuart's side, hugging him, breathing hard still.

Against Vince's ear, Stuart whispered. "So? How was your date?"

Day Four (early morning, still dark)

Stuart:

"Is he a good kisser?" Stuart asked. They had been snuggling in bed for hours talking about Vince's date with Cameron Roberts. The rain had started up again and it was sheeting down the window behind the couch. Glancing over at the night table, Stuart saw that it was almost 4:30 in the morning. He laid his head down on Vince's chest and sighed, sleepily, waiting for an answer to his question.

Vince shrugged, his fingers playing unconsciously in the curls at the nape of Stuart's neck. "Was all right. As soon as I closed my eyes, I was thinking of you, though. Just like I knew I would do."

"Does he kiss better than me?" Stuart asked, impetuously.

"Twat." Vince nudged him with his hip. "It was just different than you."

Apparently, the date had gone well, save for the incident with the phone, for which Stuart felt mostly responsible. He had been doing it on purpose--calling over and over about inane, unimportant things. Not just because he was bored with Martin Brooks, but because he didn't want that Cameron bloke to get too much alone time with Vince. Calling constantly was Stuart's way of pissing on the bushes around his chosen mate, marking the territory.

But Vince had been speaking highly of Cameron and seemed to like him. This was deeply distressing to Stuart but he didn't want to say anything. After all, it had been his plan to put Vince and Cameron together in hopes that Vince might meet someone nice--someone as good as he was. Anyone who would treat him better than Stuart did. Stuart felt at once elated that the date had gone well and also completely dismayed at the possibility of losing his friend. Worse yet was the possibility of losing his newfound and completely fantastic lover.

"I've got work,"Stuart said, softly. "I should sleep a bit."

"Yeah. Me, too." Vince curled toward him on the bed and Stuart tucked the sheet around them, cuddling.

"I can't believe how you were tonight,"he said, musing again. The memory of Vince's aggressive sexuality threatened to make Stuart hard again.

Vince smiled and kissed Stuart's forehead. "I'm glad you liked it. You wanted that bloke, though, didn't you? That one you kissed."

"I just wanted to be touched, Vince. It didn't matter who did it."

"Really?"Vince said, his tone only slightly abrupt. "So, it wouldn't have mattered to you if it was him or me that gave you that wank?"

"That's right. Made no difference at all." Stuart bit his cheeks to keep from laughing, but it was no use. He looked up at his friend and grinned, teasingly. "You're such a twat. Of course it mattered. But I'm not saying I don't love the idea of an orgy. Multiple bodies writhing together . . . oh, yes. That works for me. Six is the most I've had at once. Last election night. I told you, right?"

Vince sighed, settling against Stuart again. "Yeah. You told me at Phil's funeral." He brought his other hand up and pet Stuart's hair, luxuriantly. "That was sort of interesting tonight. All their energy. The way they were watching."

Stuart gave him a soft, lingering kiss. "We could try that if you want. You can even chose the other men."

Vince watched him through sleepy eyes, his head resting on the pillow. He didn't respond right away. He seemed to be considering this idea very carefully. "I think what interested me about tonight was the effect it had on you. The way you . . . sort of . . . bloom when you have that much attention. That sort of attention. I think I . . . loved being with you. Being yours. And you being mine--in that situation. The way you let me call the shots."

"You clearly enjoyed that,"Stuart said, grinning.

Vince only smiled, shyly. "You're quite a trophy, Stuart Jones. Everybody wants you."

Stuart closed his eyes, getting comfortable to sleep. "Are you going to see him again?"he whispered.

"Cameron?"

"Mm."

Vince hesitated for so long that Stuart looked up at him, frowning slightly. Vince smiled at him and shook his head.

"Nah. Don't want to."

Stuart stared at him, right in his eyes. "I think you do."

"I don't,"Vince said, but it sounded slightly forced, too convenient.

Stuart sighed. "You should, then. You want to. I don't mind. That's what these seven days are about, right? Us taking conscious steps to make the right decision?"

"Yeah, but, Stuart . . . the whole time I was with him I just kept . . ."

Stuart let out a self-effacing snicker. "That's because I kept bloody calling you! How could you not think of me when I was on your fucking phone every two seconds? I didn't really give you a chance with him. I mean . . . you know I was doing that on purpose, right?"

Vince smiled and his pretty blue eyes flashed. "Now I know."

Stuart shook his head, turning his eyes away. "I'll get you another phone tomorrow. I'll have Sandra bring it to you at work. Listen, I think you should see him again, Vince. I don't want to stand in your way of being with him if you like him. He could be your nice, sweet boyfriend and you could just carry on a hot, sexual affair with me."

Vince kissed Stuart's cheek gently. "I can tell it bothers you. I don't need to see him, Stuart."

"No,"he said, seriously. "I think you should. Do it. Have at least one more date--a proper date--before you decide you don't like him. I promise I'll leave you alone."

Vince frowned but he didn't say anything more. He just put his arms around Stuart and held him close, breathing evenly as they drifted off to sleep.

Hazel:

"Oh, what are you like, Vincent?"she teased. "Gorgeous blokes just tumbling out of the sky to be with you."

Her son blushed genuinely, shyly looking down into his coffee. "I assure you, it's nothing like that. Stuart's just gone mad with all this love stuff and Cameron . . . I don't know what to make of him."

"He fancies you,"she said. "You say he's nice."

"Yeah."

"Nice meal?"

"Lovely. Lamb and baked pears. Posh wine."

She grinned. She could tell he was on top of the world, floating like a cloud under all this adoring attention. She also knew that the only thing Vince cared about was the attention he was getting from Stuart Alan Jones. Cameron Roberts might as well not even exist in her son's mind, but he was making for an interesting foil to that Irish boy's plans.

It was late that Wednesday afternoon and Nathan had returned from school half an hour earlier. He'd seen Vince in the kitchen and had chosen to go directly upstairs rather than risk an altercation. Presently, the boy trotted down the stairs again, his school uniform changed into street clothes, his hair strategically disheveled. He stepped into the kitchen just long enough to address Hazel.

"I'm going out."

"Where will you be?"she asked. "In case your mother wants to find you."

He hesitated, glancing at Vince. "I'm . . . meeting Stuart. He gave me a lift from school and wanted me to come back here to change clothes. He's picking me up out front in a minute."

Hazel sighed, her tone chilly and low. "Will you be at his, then?"

Nathan shook his head. "No. He said he wanted to go for a coffee in town. He wants to talk or something."

She looked at Vince who was still looking down at his cup. She could see that his face was losing color.

Hazel was out of her chair like a shot, standing archly in the kitchen entryway. "Nathan Maloney, stop where you are,"she snapped. When the boy turned, she stalked down the hall to stand right before him, her face set like stone. "Listen to me, sunshine. You will refrain from any further abuse of my son or I'll put your insufferable ass on the street without so much as an upward glance. Do I make myself clear?"

"Fine, then,"she said. "Off you go."

Hazel was out of her chair like a shot, standing archly in the kitchen entryway. "Nathan Maloney, stop where you are,"she snapped. When the boy turned, she stalked down the hall to stand right before him, her face set like stone. "Listen to me, sunshine. You will refrain from any further abuse of my son or I'll put your insufferable ass on the street without so much as an upward glance. Do I make myself clear?"

Nathan blinked, looked down, but his jaw worked fiercely, angrily.

"Do I?"she insisted, her dark eyes flashing.

"Yes,"he murmured.

"Anything you'd like to say to my son?"

Nathan scowled bitterly, shifting his weight from one foot to the next. "Not at this time, no,"he said.

"Right. Piss off, then. Tea's at half six and I expect you to be here. I don't want another call from that Irish bastard telling me he's keeping you at his flat. About that, I am not kidding." Hazel turned on her heel and stomped back to the kitchen where she flopped down in her chair across from Vince. Neither of them said anything until after Nathan had gone.

"Mum,"Vince implored. "It's no use. If Stuart's going to see the kid, neither you nor I can stop him. Besides, I think it might actually be innocent this time. At least on Stuart's part."

"How do you figure?"she said, incredulously. As far as Hazel could remember, nothing had ever been innocent where Stuart Jones was concerned.

"I've . . . well, given him a homework assignment,"Vince said. "I told him he needed to get to the bottom of why he can't resist Nathan before I'll consider his offer again. There's just . . . so much more to it than he's said so far. More to it than he's aware of. I just want him to be able to move on from it, you know?"

"It's sex, luv,"she said, gently. "He's dead attracted to that child because Nathan's gorgeous and he absolutely worships Stuart. It's not difficult to work out."

Vince pursed his lips, shaking his head. "I just . . . there's more to it. Stuart can shag anyone he wants. There's something specific about Nathan Maloney." He looked up at his mother. "I just want to see if he can get to the heart of it, is all. That may be what he's doing right now. At least I hope so. Have to kill him otherwise." He smiled, sadly, trying vainly to make light of the topic.

Hazel sighed heavily, taking out her cigarettes. Lighting one, she tossed the plastic disposable aside distractedly. "Vince, I'm going to ask you again. It's been over half a week, a lot's happened. Are you still sure you want to be with Stuart?"

He looked down again, fingering the edge of his coffee cup. "I'm not answering that for myself until Saturday, Mum. I really need to do it that way. Just let everything stack up and weigh it all together at the end of the week."

She reached over and covered his hand with hers, but she didn't say anything right away. He put a kiss on the back of her hand, sweetly.

"Are you changing your advice?"he asked.

"Nope." Hazel touched her finger to the end of Vince's nose. "And I'm probably a horrible mother for it."

He only smiled.
Click Here to continue to Page 4
DeAnna's
Home Page