Better the Second Day
Stuart/ Vince/ Brian/Michael/Justin |  NC-17  |  Angst, Drama, AU  |  Both
DeAnna Zankich

Sequel is  |  Kisses That Sting
Summary: Same story, same time line, just continued briefly from Brian's point of view. Haven't you ever wondered what he was thinking about all this with Stuart and Vince? Well, I was . . .

Warnings: None
Author Notes: For Sue Walsh with a ridiculous amount of love and respect.
Brian:

"How stupid is THAT?" Michael shrilled down the phone line. Brian held the receiver away from his head but not in enough time--the tone of Michael's voice pierced his brain through his left ear and he winced.

Justin stirred on the bed beside him, turning his head and squinting at Brian curiously through his sleepy eyes. Brian mouthed his best friend's name in response and Justin sighed.

"You can't just let him live there!," Michael nagged. "He's gonna think you're all in love with him. ARE you?"

"Mikey," Brian said then he cleared his throat before continuing. "It's just until he finds somewhere to stay or until he works everything out with his folks. It really has nothing to do with you. Why do you care?"

"I care because it's just fucking stupid, that's why!"

Again Brain held the phone away from his head but not soon enough. That time Justin chortled. Reaching over with free hand, Brian flicked the kid's ear lobe--hard. Justin slapped his hand away petulantly.

"Okay, fine. I'm hanging up now," Brian said. "Bye, Mikey." He hung up the phone then groaned, flopping down on the bed. "I swear to God he was a Jewish mother in another life."

"Why does he care that you're letting me stay here?"

"Got me." Brian rubbed eyes. "I think he just wishes you'd go away."

"What did I ever do to him?" Justin grumbled.

"You crossed my path. That was enough."

"He's jealous, that's his problem." Justin rolled over and sat up, scrubbing his hands through his spiky hair. "He wants you all to himself."

"Would you shut up," Brian snapped. He was in no mood for this kid's dumbass opinions that early in the morning.

"It's true," he went on undaunted. "He's the one in love with you, not me. I hate your guts." Justin batted his eyes.

"Why don't you make yourself useful and suck my cock." Brian threw the blanket back exposing his growing erection. The heat from the large organ warmed his lower belly and he stretched, making it look as tantalizing as possible.

"Or," Justin said. "You could suck mine."

"Or you could suck mine," Brian said, playing but not showing it. Never, never show it.

"No, no," Justin laughed. "I think YOU should suck MINE." He crawled across the bed until he straddled Brian's body, then he leaned forward on all fours. "That really sounds like the best plan to me."

"Does it?" Brian said. "That's very interesting. But you see, you are staying here for free. That makes the plan of you sucking MY cock the most logical."

"Ah," Justin said, still grinning. "So, I'll be paying my rent in fellacio?"

"That might just cover your security deposit, sweet cheeks. The rest of the rent I'll take out of your tight little ass." Brian flipped the kid over and pinned him down, going straight for one of those tender pink nipples. He didn't bother licking, he just bit then sucked really hard. Then he bit it once more before he switched to the next one.

"Oowww . . ." Justin groaned. "Beast. Don't break the skin."

"I'll break your fucking skin . . ." Brian growled, licking his way up the boy's smooth neck to his earlobe. There the biting began again.

"Brian . . ." the blond boy wriggled under him, rubbing his hard cock into Brian's belly. "Don't be so rough, okay?"

Freezing suddenly, Brian looked down into the kid's eyes. For a long time, neither of them moved or spoke, they just stared at each other with their cocks throbbing between them. Justin's eyes searched Brian's face, clearly looking for something--some sort of indication as to what would happen next. Then, just as suddenly, Brian sat up releasing his captive's wrists and letting out a heavy sigh.

"I'm over it," he said, tossing his legs off the side of the bed and walking into the bathroom. He had to really struggle not to laugh as he stood at the toilet waiting for his erection to calm down enough so he could piss. The shocked expression on Justin's face as he got up was priceless.

"You have GOT to be fucking kidding," Justin said from the bedroom.

"I'm bored," Brian called back. He grinned so hard he had to bite the insides of his cheeks but he made certain to keep silent.

Right on cue Justin came into the bathroom, his swollen penis bobbing gently in front of him. He gave Brian a look of complete and utter disbelief laced heavily with sarcasm. "You are the biggest asshole I've ever met," he stated.

"Really?" Brian said curiously. "Oh, well. You're young. You've got time." Finally he let himself laugh, truly enjoying this little game.

Justin shook his head and walked over to where Brian stood. "You're just fucking with me," he said quietly, reaching around in front of the older man and taking hold of his cock.

Brian let him do this, but lowered his chin and gave the kid a disaffected stare. "Actually, it looks like I'm NOT fucking with you, doesn't it? And I assure you, I don't need your help to take a piss."

"I know," Justin said, smiling playfully. "But can I hold it while you do, anyway?"

Brian bit his bottom lip and batted his eyes. "That's way too kinky for a teenager."

Justin purred a little laugh and leaned against him, his warm fingers holding Brian's cock gently.

"I can't piss through a hard-on," Brian told him.

"Then think clean thoughts."

Brian couldn't help grinning at that since he simply could not recall the last time he had a `clean' thought. He took a deep breath and willed himself to relax enough to empty his bladder. He literally had to think of something else the whole time because of Justin's warm fingers on his cock. The situation actually made him feel slightly vulnerable. Brian was used to having his cock handled, but it was usually hard when that happened. Something about that situation was strangely intimate and therefor uncomfortable. Once he'd finished the business at hand, he turned to the kid and bit his plump bottom lip.

"Let go," he said into Justin's mouth.

"Why? I like holding it . . ."

"Let go. Just for a minute."

Justin did so reluctantly and as soon as he let go, Brian turned to him and grabbed his face with both hands. He drove his tongue into Justin's hot waiting mouth and tangled their tongues together, sucking those full young lips roughly and never giving the kid a chance to breathe.

Moving them backward toward the bathroom counter, Brian opened his eyes just long enough to make sure they didn't trip over anything and then he lifted Justin by his lean hips and sat his pert little ass on the cool tile counter.

"Oh, shit," the kid said. "That's cold!"

Brian ignored him, spreading his young thighs wide and pulling him forward so Justin's straining cock thumped against his own. He kissed the boy again, sucking his upper lip then his lower one, teasing his tender nipples with his fingers. Brian would never admit it, but he fucking loved that nipple ring and he played with it every chance he got.

Reaching behind the kid, Brian opened the medicine cabinet for a condom and a packet of lube. Breaking away from the tight kiss, he touched his forehead to Justin's and looked in his eyes.

"Would you like me to fuck you now?" he said.

"How much will it take off my rent?" Justin said in a wanton whisper.

"Nothing. You're still gonna owe me BIG TIME." Brian bit his neck gently, then kissed the spot he'd just bitten.

"Well . . ." the boy sighed. "I suppose I can be persuaded nonetheless. . ."

Brian grinned wolfishly and squeezed lube into the hot crack of Justin's ass. The boy squirmed and sighed, wrapping his legs high around Brian's waist. Fingers, kisses, tongues, more fingers, nipples between teeth, soft moans and deep sighs, the snap of the latex and then Brian was inside that hot little furnace of an ass. He savored it for a moment before moving, rocking Justin back so his shoulders touched the cool mirror behind him. Hoisting the boy's legs up over his shoulders, Brian supported himself with his hands on the edge of the counter--and then he began to drill.

Justin writhed under him as Brian pummeled the kid's tight little butt, alternating from deep quick plunging movements to long, pulling strokes. He flattened his hand and rubbed it across the back of Justin's shuddering cock, pressing it down against his sweat slicked belly. The boy moaned and closed his eyes, his fingers gripping Brian's arms as he met each thrust with vigor. One thing had to be said for that Justin Taylor--when taking it up the ass was the order of the day, the kid had serious enthusiasm.

And that tight, hot little hole felt so fucking good . . . Brian knew he was going to blow any second so he slowed down and concentrated. The kid had to get off first, then he could do whatever he wanted and not have to worry about feeling like an old man. Working his hips so his cockhead thumped Justin's swollen prostate, Brian guided the boy toward his climax, leaning over to whisper a litany of dirty little things in his ear.

"You are so fucking hot . . ." Brian breathed. "Come for me, Justin . . . that's it . . . fuck me, baby . . . I want you to scream, it feels so good . . . tell me how good it feels . . . come, baby . . . get off for me . . ."

Justin bucked against him, increasing their speed and holding onto Brian's hips with his hands. Brian watched his face closely, seeing the color infuse his pale cheeks and his small blue eyes glaze over with lust and pleasure. And then he felt that full young cock explode under his stroking hand and the muscles in Justin's ass pulsated and squeezed Brian's cock so hard, he locked his teeth to keep from crying out. It felt like being clenched in a very firm fist.

Brian stiffened and pumped his cock in and out with hard short strokes until he went over the edge and his own orgasm took him. Almost swooning with pleasure, he held himself up with his hand on the mirror and groaned through the contractions with his eyes closed.

As he slowly started coming down from the rush, Brian could hear the phone ringing.

"Oh," Justin sighed. "Tell me that's not Michael again."

Slipping his cock out of the boy's body, Brian gave him a quick soft kiss on the lips before making his way out to the bedroom to get the phone.

"Yeah?"

"Hey," Kate said. "I'm back."

"Hey. How was the flight?"

"Good, actually. They had salmon in first class. It was tasty for airline food. What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Brian lay down on the bed and took a deep breath.

"Were you working out?" Kate asked. "You sound winded."

"No. I mean, yeah. I was on the treadmill." Brian heard the shower turn on in the bathroom and he grinned to himself. "Was Stuart sad to see you leave?"

"We always cry at the airport," she said. "And then when we get back to work and start emailing and calling, everything's okay."

"Aw, that's so sweet. Did you tell him I told you about the hand mirror."

"Uh, no. Why would I do that?"

"I don't know. To start shit. I miss talking to them."

"So call them," Kate said. "Oh, wait. I just got supremely reamed out by Vince's mom for instigating all that with you and Stuey. I guess I'd better stop encouraging you."

"Vince's mom yelled at you?" Brian said, chuckling. "Dude, that's harsh."

"It was horrible. She blamed me for introducing you to him. Like I was trying to set you two up for some twisted personal thrill or something."

"Hm," Brian said. "Sounds like a topic for Doctor Susan."

"I know. I see her tomorrow. I think I will mention that."

"Do you think Vince's mother was right?" he asked.

Kate was silent for a long time before she replied. "Jury's still out on that one."

"Ooow," he said. "Well, don't beat yourself up, Katey. Always remember that boys will be boys." He toyed with his still sensitive cock absently. "When do you go back to work?"

"I'll go in today. At least until the jet lag threatens to make me too stupid. How's the baby?"

"He's fine. Lindsay's bringing him around tonight for a visit."

Kate snickered. "I meant, the OTHER baby."

"Bitch."

She laughed harder. "What, you haven't seen him?"

"Oh, I've seen him," Brian said, glancing down the bathroom hallway to the shower. He could just make out the boy's silhouette behind the steamy glass as he washed his hair.

"He's there, huh?" Kate said softly. Then she chuckled again. "You were all out of breath when you answered `cuz you were fucking him."

"It's okay, Katherine. I was done." He licked his lips as he watched Justin soap his young body with slow sensual strokes.

"And what about him--was he done? Or don't you care?"

"No," he said. "I don't care at all. That's why every single guy I've ever done tried to get me to do them again--I'm such a rude, selfish lay."

"That's not what I hear," she teased.

Brian perked up. "Oh yeah? Who was talking about me? Stuart or Vince?"

"Well . . ." she said and then he heard her groan. "Christ! I DO instigate, don't I???? God. Hazel was right! I'm a terrible, disgusting woman!"

Brian cleared his throat and waited for her outburst to pass. "Whatever. Was it Stuart?

"Yeah."

Trying to suppress his smile, Brian said, "what did he say about me?"

After a moment, Kate sighed reluctantly. "It was when he took me to the airport yesterday," she said. "Or this morning. Whenever it was. Neither of them would really talk about you in front of the other--like I said when you tried to talk to him on my cell phone, you wretched bastard."

Even though she couldn't see him, Brian figured she knew he was rolling his eyes right then.

"Anyway, when Stuart and I were alone in the car I asked him about you."

"What did you ask?"

"I . . . wanted to know if he thought you would be a problem again for them. Before the wedding."

Brian breathed a laugh. "And he said?"

"He said . . . not as long as you didn't show up in Manchester again. Apparently he's fine until he's faced with you."

Brian's fingers teased his cockhead and it tingled deliciously as he thought about sucking Stuart off on that barroom table on Canal Street. As erotic as it had been, Brian couldn't help remembering the look in Stuart's eyes in the Jeep later on--after they'd both come and coherent thought began to return.

"Well," he said softly. "I like those guys a lot. And Stuart . . . he was in a lot o' pain that night. I . . . really shouldn't have done what I did. I caused them more trouble than I was worth--I'm sure of that."

"Stuart actually speaks quite well of you," Kate said. "All things considered. He doesn't seem to think you caused the problems."

"Well, not entirely, no. But I certainly wasn't helping things by being there. They both wanted me and I wanted both of them. It was a very . . . tricky situation."

"But you really wanted Stuart, didn't you? And you still do."

He didn't have an answer for that--at least not one he was prepared to share with the class.

"Tell me you don't think about him," she said.

"Of course I think about him, Kate. I jerk off thinking about him all the time. He's a great fuck. One of the best. Him AND his lover. Like different flavors of the finest ice cream."

"Sexual Haagen-Dazs," she said.

"Exactly. Is that all he said?"

Kate laughed at him, but it was gentle. "You're into him, Bri."

"I just want to make sure he's into me." Brian watched Justin get out of the shower and grab a towel off the wall rack. The boy dried his smooth skin and rubbed the water out of his hair, then he wrapped the towel around his waist and came back to the bedroom.

"I think it's safe to say that you have a fan in Stuart Jones," Kate said. "He wanted me to kiss you for him next time I saw you."

"But you'll give me girl cooties." Brian grabbed a corner of the towel as soon as Justin was within reach and pulled it off the boy's body. Smirking, he moved the phone aside and whispered to the kid. "Suck my cock."

Justin rolled his eyes. "Didn't we cover this?"

Brian chuckled then turned his attention back to his call. "Listen, I'm going."

"Say hi to Justin for me," Kate teased. "That's his name, right? Justin?"

"Yes, dear. Glad you're back. Talk to you later. Why don't you come out here this weekend? Mikey's boyfriend never lets him play with me anymore. I'm bored."

Justin frowned clownishly and Brian gave him an insistent look.

"Suck my cock," he whispered again.

Heaving a big, theatrical sigh, Justin flopped on the bed and crawled across it until he was hovering over Brian's prone body.

Grinning up at the sweet little morsel, Brian told Kate he'd call her back later.

Just before lunch, Brian's cell phone rang. He'd been staring at a wreck of a presentation one of the newer execs had asked him to look over and his mind had been drifting. Grabbing the little silver phone, he flipped it open and brought it to his ear.

"Yeah, this is Brian."

"Hey," Michael said. "What are you doing for lunch?"

"Are you sure you can eat with me, Mikey? As disgusted as you are with my behavior?"

"Please, I've been disgusted with your behavior since you were fourteen. Never affected my appetite before. I'll come pick you up, all right? I'm right down the street from your office."

"Just meet me at that caf downstairs, all right? Get us a table. I'll see you in five minutes."

Brian hung up, then got out of his chair. He reached for his suit coat hanging on the rack in the corner of the office when his email prompt plinked. Brian looked at the screen and felt his heart flutter inexplicably. He'd probably got thirty emails already that morning--both work related and not--but for some reason, this one FELT different. It had a palpable energy that raised the hairs on the back of his neck.

Walking over to the computer, he leaned over and clicked on the `new message' prompt. When he saw the address, his heart skipped a beat.

"Oh, no," he groaned, shaking his head. "I cannot do that again. I just can't." He sighed, slipping his on his coat and walked out of the office without reading the message.

But he hadn't deleted, either.

Michael was just sitting down at a table by the window in the caf right next door to Brian's office. Brian crossed the crowded room with long, confident strides, very much aware of all the eyes on him. People always watched Brian Kinney. He was quite a sight.

"Hey," he said, giving Michael a kiss before he sat down.

"Hey. Nice suit. Is that new?"

"Uh . . . not really. Did you order drinks yet?"

"Yeah, I got you an ice tea." Michael was dressed casually for his day off in a cream colored pullover and jeans. He sat down and opened his menu, scanning the entrees on the right side. After a moment he looked up and noticed Brian just sitting there. "What's wrong? Aren't you eating?"

"Yeah," he said, picking up his own menu. The waiter came to the table with their drinks and he quickly explained the few specials before leaving them to decide. Brian was distracted and troubled and he wasn't really thinking about food. "What are you having?" he asked Michael.

"I think I want the tortellini with pesto. Sounds good."

"Okay. I'll have that, too." Brian set his menu down then plucked the lemon wedge off the side of his ice tea and squeezed it into the glass.

"Brian, what gives? What's wrong with you? Did you and Boy Wonder have a lover's quarrel?" He grinned sarcastically.

"Mikey, that's not even a little funny."

"Depends on your point of view," Michael said. "Seriously, what's up with you?"

Brian frowned, dropping the pulpy lemon wedge into his ice tea. He wasn't sure he wanted to go into this with Michael--not when his best friend was already busting his chops about Justin.

"Even if you try to hide something from me, you'll end up telling me anyway," Michael pointed out as though he were reading Brian's thoughts. It wouldn't be at all surprising if he had been.

Clearing his throat, Brian leaned on his elbows on the table. "Do you remember me telling you about Kate's friends in England?"

"Yeah," Michael said. "Those two guys you had a threesome with over there. Stuart and Vince, right?"

"Right."

"Didn't they get married?"

"They just got engaged when I was over there. Kate told me they were having their commitment ceremony in June."

"Wow," Michael said, his brow knitting slightly. "Didn't you tell me they were best friends since they were kids?"

Brian nodded.

"That's so weird," Michael went on. "That could be us. Can you imagine? You and me getting married after all these years?"

"Somehow I don't think the doc would appreciate that," Brian said, his tone sounding more snide than he intended.

"Whatever," Michael warned. "I don't want to talk about David. It always pisses you off and that pisses ME off. Let's just talk about you."

Brian looked at his best friend for a long moment, then he lowered his eyes again. "I haven't really spoken to them--Stuart or Vince-- since I came back a few weeks ago. After everything that happened when I was there, I figured I probably wouldn't EVER speak to them again."

"But?"

"But . . . just as I was leaving to come meet you, I got an email from Stuart."

"What did he say?" Michael leaned forward on the table as well, his position mirroring Brian's.

"I don't know. I didn't read it yet."

"Are you going to read it?"

"I don't know."

"But you didn't delete it, did you?" Michael raised his eyebrows curiously.

Brian sighed, leaning back in his chair. "Where the fuck did our waiter go? I'm hungry." He looked around the crowded caf until he caught their server's eye and then he waved him over. They ordered their pastas and a bruschette appetizer and then the waiter left them again. Brian looked out the window at the people rushing around downtown Pittsburgh on their lunch hours.

"You like that guy, don't you?" Michael said softly. "Stuart."

"I like them both, Mikey. They're cool."

"You know what I mean. Your face changes when you talk about him."

Brian shrugged dismissively. "It's not what you think. We just . . . went through some kind of intense things when I was there. We got to be friends in a way. I mean, yeah, there's something about him that I can't quite pin down . . . but it's not what you're thinking. I just like him. Them." He sipped his tea again, then he frowned at Michael. "What do mean my face changes?"

"I mean your face changes," Michael repeated. "You get this . . . I don't know . . . sad thing in your eyes. I've never seen it before. Like . . . you care about him. That's why I said that. It looks like you care about him whenever you talk about him."

"Well, I DO care about him," Brain replied coolly. "Like I said, he's a friend." He looked out the window again, wishing the subject would just dissipate but knowing it wouldn't.

"I know what it is," Michael said after a while. "Have you ever been friends with any of your casual sex partners before?"

"And you've been with him a couple of times, right?"

Brian's memory worked like a frantic slide projector at that moment, filling his mind with flashing images of Stuart--every position, every giggle, every kiss, every touch. Shaking his head to clear the thoughts, Brian sighed. "Yeah. A few times."

"Well, that's it then," Michael concluded. "He's different in the first place because he's had repeat business from you--plus, you like the guy as a person. You also have a Kate connection with him so you continue to interact with him. Or at least hear about him."

"I suppose."

The waiter brought their appetizer and two little plates. Brian picked up one of the crostinis and crunched into it, happy to have something to do with his mouth other than talk about Stuart Jones.

"I still can't believe you did that, though," Michael said. "Slept with both of them when they were all betrothed and shit. It's bad karma, Brian."

"Please, Mikey. Just forget it. I don't want to talk about it any more."

Michael picked at the diced tomatoes on his plate. "That's another thing," he said. "You get defensive about him just like you do about Justin, who I--"

"Who we are REALLY not talking about," Brian said, cutting him off. "Let's talk about you now. How's Deb?"

Michael lowered his chin and gave his friend an annoyed stare. "Why is it so bad for you to admit that you care about someone--anyone? Stuart, Justin, me? What's the crime?"

Brian looked down and shook his head. "Mikey, you know I care about you. I have no problem admitting that--to you or to anyone. I just don't want to talk about that other stuff. All right? Maybe I'm just . . . still wading through it. Maybe I don't know what I feel or think yet." He knew he was using an age old, tried and true manipulation on his best friend, but Brian didn't care. He knew that if he suddenly exposed his soft underbelly, that Michael would melt and get off his case--and at that particular moment, that was what Brian really wanted.

True to form, Michael sighed and offered his friend a gentle smile. "All right. I'm sorry. I'll shut up. I just think . . . you should think about that stuff. That's all."

"I will, okay?" Brian added an open, soulful expression to the manipulation mix and finally Michael let up.

"Mom's fine," he said. "I'm going over there for dinner tonight if you feel like indulging in some Debbie Cuisine."

Brian smiled and took another bit of his appetizer.

He let the new message sit in his email program all day unopened. Before he left the office to go to Deb's for dinner, Brian sat his chair and took a deep breath. Scrolling down all the other mails he'd received and replied to all day long, he clicked on the one remaining unopened file.

To: BrianKinney@P...

Feel like coming to the wedding?

(more to come . . .)
DeAnna's
Home Page