Poison Apple
Part 2
Stuart/Vince/Brian |  R  |  Angst, AU, H/C  |  Both
DeAnna Zankich

Sequel is  |  Trinkets of Deceit
Summary: When Stuart met Brian.
Warnings: None
Author Notes:
Spoilers: None. I broke off somewhere between Russell's episodes 5 and 6 and never really returned to his story. Nothing in here will ruin either series for you.
Poison Apple (Part Two)

Kate:

I'm mixing our third round of Sour Apple `Tinis and Brian comes into the kitchen. He's a little buzzed because he hasn't eaten yet and he gets really touchy-feely when he's drunk. Not that I mind being manhandled by a great-looking young guy, but it is kind of
annoying that I could never do him. Well . . . actually, I suppose I could, considering he has had women before. Brian will fuck anyone, he just prefers dick. That much we have in common.

He's leaning against me from behind and he picks up a piece of the fresh green apple I've just sliced. Munching it, he sways with me to the beat of the new Everything But The Girl.

"He's very hot," he says in my ear.

"Yes. And very married," I remind him.

"Yeah, he showed me that fat ring. Must have cost a dime or two. Is his boyfriend rich?"
"No, Stuart is," I say. "Vince works in a supermarket."

"Why?" Brian says in that snobby, over-privileged way of his. "If I was shacked up with a hot, rich guy like Stuart, I wouldn't work. Just stay home and wait for him to fuck me. And shop, of course."

"Of course," I concur. "Anyway, admire him from afar, will ya? His lover already hates me for a little indiscretion I instigated in Manchester."

"What did you do?" He's suddenly very interesting in this topic.

"I'm not telling you," I say, brandishing a warning finger at him. "It's too easy to give you ideas when I don't mean to. Just know that Stuart is very into his lover and that you are NOT in there."

"None of that matters, Katherine." Brian moves around me and leans against the counter. "He wants me. I'm doin' him. That's all there is."

I just shake my head, seriously contemplating sending Brian to a hotel.

"No problem," he says slowly, enunciating. "There are two things I have that no one can resist."

"Is that so?" I say, not sure I want to know, but completely sure Brian will tell me.

He nods, chewing the last bit of his apple slice. "If he doesn't drop to his knees upon seeing my incredible cock, then I'll just have to put my tongue in his ass when he's sleeping. No gay man can resist waking up with a tongue in their ass. He'll be begging me to fuck him. Watch."

He reaches for another slice of the apple and I grab his wrist, pinning his hand to the cutting board. With the knife I'd been using to chop up the apple, I prong the back of his hand just enough to make a little dent in his skin. His pretty hazel eyes lock on
mine-- challenging me.

"Brian?"

"Katherine?"

"Please don't put your tongue in Stuart's ass."

"Can't make that promise, baby. He wants me. I'm Pavlov's dog." Brian grins but only for a split second. Not a big smiler, that Brian.

I release him but I continue to glare, hoping to freeze his boiling libido with my extreme disapproval. I don't know who I'm kidding. Brian just ignores me. He grabs another slice of green apple and chomps it wetly in his lovely mouth.

Looking at him just then, I become very worried for my Stuart.

Stuart:

While Brian and Kate were in the kitchen, he stole up the stairs and called Vince again. It was just after 8:00 in the morning in Manchester and Vince would be getting ready for work. He laid on the bed and waited for his lover to answer.

"Hello?"

"It's me."

"Oh, there you are," Vince said and Stuart could hear the smile in his voice. "I hadn't heard from you in over twelve hours. I was beginning to think you weren't missing me."

"You know I am."

"Drunk?"

"Yeah."

"Good. What did you do today?"

"Shopped. Christ, wait `til you see the things I bought you. You'll love them. Kate and I spent all day spending money and eating. It was fantastic."

"Sounds like a right perfect vacation for you," Vince teased. "What are you doing now?"

"Lyin' on the bed, getting a hard-on from listening to my lover's voice. Are you getting ready for work?"

"I switched shifts with Graham so I don't have to go in until eleven," Vince said, then he lowered his voice slightly as though he might be overheard all the way in America. "Wanna have a wank?"

"Yeaaahhhh . . ." Stuart giggled, rolling onto his back. He made a pile of the pillows on the bed then tucked the phone in between his ear and his shoulder. Wriggling until he was comfortable, he slipped both hands down into his sweats. "Okay," he said. "I'm ready. What're you wearing?"

Vince laughed softly at the question then he let out a long breath. "I'm wearing a pair of your shorts, like yesterday."

"Not the same pair," Stuart teased. He stroked his lengthening cock firmly, drawing the blood into it and feeling it rush through his body. His nipples tingled and hardened into peaks.

"No. A different pair. Your white Calvin's. What are you wearing?"

Stuart told him, making sure to keep his voice kitteny and soft-- seductive. He reached up with his left hand and played with his stiff nipples, sighing into the phone so Vince could hear.

"Are you hard, lover?" Vince asked.

"Yesss . . . getting so hard . . ."

"Are you touching your cock?"

"Yeah . . ." Stuart licked his lips, wiggling on the mattress as his erection swelled and became more sensitive to his touch. He wet his fingers with his tongue and added his saliva to the warm pre-come already leaking from the head of his cock.

"I want you to hold it for me, Stuart," Vince purred. "Hold your cock like I do when we're going to sleep. Just put it in your hand and keep it warm for a minute."

Stuart did as he was told, loving the sensation and the image attached. For the passed few months whenever they went to sleep, Vince would spoon behind him and gently cup his cock and balls in his warm hand. Stuart loved it. Not only was it erotic and pleasureful, but it made him feel owned, possessed and adored. The safety and warmth of it always put him right to sleep.

"I love it when you do that . . ." he told Vince on the phone.

"I know you do. I can feel it now, your silky skin and soft pubic hair. Are you keeping it warm for me?"

Stuart took a deep breath and let it out slowly, his right hand covering his hard, burning cock. "Yessss . . . tell me what you're doing . . ."

Vince sighed into the receiver, the ragged quality of his breath travelling through the wire all the way to Stuart's ear and washing over him in a tingling wave.

"I'm on the bed," Vince told him. "Lying on my back against the pillows and my legs are spread wide. I'm rubbing my cock through the fabric of your shorts so I can smell you . . . I can smell you in the wet spot . . ."

Stuart groaned.

"I'm licking my fingers and playing with the head of my cock, just like you do to me . . . God, I love that . . . you're such a fantastic tease . . ." Vince was breathing hard and his voice was getting softer as his arousal grew. "I . . . I can't help it now . . . I
have to stroke really hard . . ."

"I want to come, Vince," Stuart pleaded. "Make me come . . ."

"So soon, luv?"

"Yes. Now." Stuart's fingers concentrated on the head of his cock, stroking it gently, smearing the slick pre-come over the sensitive nerves. He moaned softly and Vince returned the pleasure sound on the other end of the line.

"God," Vince breathed. "I love to hear you moan. Makes me miss you so much, though."
Stuart sighed, impatiently. "I need to come . . ." he groaned, rubbing his tingling cock with firm, purposeful strokes. He could hear Vince breathing hard on the other end and the image of his boyish lover lying on their bed with his own stiff cock in his hand was
almost enough to send Stuart over the edge. The alcohol in his system thinned his blood just enough to make him a bit lightheaded and he closed his eyes as he felt the first luscious tickle of his orgasm.

Vince moaned into the phone and murmured sweet, dirty little things in a soft voice. He talked about how much he loved the taste of Stuart's cock and how he couldn't wait to fuck him when he came home. He talked about how he couldn't stop masturbating in
his lover's absence, he was so desperate for Stuart's touch. He talked about wearing Stuart's clothes so he could smell him and about how couldn't sleep very well because he was alone and then they were both coming.

Stuart knew he was making too much noise moaning and breathing hard as he slicked his fingers with semen, but he didn't care. In fact, he rather liked knowing that Brian could hear him enjoying his orgasm. As the contractions wound down, Stuart wiped off
the creamy mess he'd made with some tissues and then he rolled over onto his side to finish his conversation with his lover.

"Thanks for that," he said, giggling sweetly.

"Pleasure," Vince answered. "Was nice. What's Kate doing? Won't she be missing you?"

"She's got another friend `round," Stuart said and then he quickly changed the subject. He didn't want Vince to know anything about Brian Kinney. "Are you coming to pick me up on Monday?"

"Yep. 4:15, right?"

"Right." He sighed, deeply. "I can't wait to see you."

"Yeah," Vince said. "You ARE having fun, right?"

"Yeah, yeah. It's great. Katey's looking after me really well. I guess . . . I just didn't plan on missing you this much. I wish you'd come with me."

"I didn't want to get in the way of you spending time with her. She's happy to have you all to herself, I'm sure."

Again, Stuart thought about Brian having heard him making all those pleasure noises a moment ago. The idea gave him a hot little chill.

"Yeah, she's smothering me with love," he said. "I should go back down."

"All right. Say hello for me," Vince said. "And remember, 0898- Vince is open twenty four hours."

He laughed. "I love you, Vince Tyler."

"I love you, too. Hurry home to me."

Stuart blew him a kiss then hung up. He put his arms over his head and had a good, long stretch. His body felt fantastic. Sighing contentedly, he rolled off the bed and walked over to the door. Pulling it open, he nearly ran smack into Brian.

Leaning against the doorway with his well-muscled arms folded over his chest, Brian Kinney was grinning like a feral alley cat. "Nice orgasm?"

Stuart's heart pounded from the surprise of having anyone standing outside his bedroom door, but he wasn't the least bit surprised to see that it was Brian. In a way, he felt like he'd summoned him. Sighing, Stuart tried to look annoyed. "You scared the shit out
of me."

"Sorry. I kinda thought you knew I was here." Brian batted his pretty hazel eyes and then he leaned forward just a bit. With his index finger, he hooked the waistband of Stuart's sweats and tugged it out just enough to look inside.

Stuart stood still and said nothing, but with Brian only two inches away from his face, he was inundated with this brash American's scent. His feathery light brown hair smelled faintly of mint and he wore an aftershave Stuart recognized . . . Davidoff? Maybe.
Hugo Boss, possibly. He inhaled quietly trying not to be heard, but Brian was keen. He looked up as soon as he heard Stuart breathe in and his perfect lips spread in a vulpine grin.

"Like how I smell?"

"Yeah," Stuart told him. "But I like how Kate smells, too." He kept still, his hand on the doorknob, waiting for Brian to let go of his trousers.

Once again, the American looked down the front of Stuart's sweats, squinting to see in the low hallway light. Leaning forward enough to close the gap between them, Brian let his forehead press gently against Stuart's chest. From there, he took a deep breath, inhaling the warm scent of the other man's sex. He looked up at Stuart with his eyelids heavy with lust and he licked his lips.

"God, that's fantastic. I can smell the come on your skin. Can I lick you?"

"Nope." Stuart lowered his chin and offered a chilly smile, but his cock twitched instinctively.

Brian's fingers slipped down below the waistband and stroked Stuart's lean hip. He was a bit ticklish there and he shivered slightly. Brian moved in and stood flush against him, pressing his erection against Stuart's exposed belly as he continued to caress
the skin under his sweats.

"Stop it," Stuart warned but his mouth filled with saliva and he swallowed, tasting Brian so intensely it was as though he'd just licked him.

"No," Brian said, petulantly. And he didn't stop. He extended his tongue and ran it along the smooth curve of Stuart's jaw, making his way toward the tender ear lobe.

Before he could get any further, Stuart stood back and gently pushed Brian's hands away. "I asked you to stop," he repeated.

"And I said no," Brian replied. "Now that we've established that we have no trouble hearing each other, I'm going to continue. He stepped forward, into the bedroom just as far as Stuart had stepped back.

Suddenly feeling cornered and not hating it as much as he knew he should, Stuart put his hand on Brian's very tight belly, holding him at arm's length. "I'm not asking you, Brian. Stay back."

Brian seemed to weigh Stuart's words. He tilted his head slightly, a thoughtful knit wrinkling his smooth brow, and then he sighed dramatically. "Well, okay. If that's what you want. You're forcing me to play rough." His eyes roamed up and down Stuart's body
covetously, then he reached forward and took hold of Stuart's hand. Confidently, Brian brought Stuart's hand to his own cock and held it there. They stared at each other breathlessly.

Stuart tried not to register what he was feeling because he thought if he could keep from acknowledging it, it wouldn't bother him. But Brian's cock was huge and heavy and throbbing and his balls were full and tight. Fantastic. Stuart found himself stepping
forward and rubbing that impressing package with both hands, squeezing the big organ through the fabric of Brian's jeans.

"Oh my God . . ." he heard himself say.

"I know," Brian concurred. "It's fucking amazing, isn't it?"

Stuart chuckled and so did Brian, their interaction suddenly taking on a slightly playful quality. But Stuart felt like he was in a trance--mesmerized by Brian's scent and his beautiful, erect cock.

"Jesus Christ," he said, all but tearing at Brian's fly. He unzipped his faded jeans and pushed the fabric back, reaching in to haul out that enormous penis. It was perfect--fully erect and glistening and shaped like it had been cast in a mold. Stuart relished the
hot, satiny skin stretched taught over the thick shaft, stroking it admiringly with his hands, feeling the ridges and the plump, round head. He was almost drooling thinking about tasting it and just as he was about to drop to his knees, Brian suddenly flinched and jumped backward, cursing angrily.

Kate stood on the landing right behind him with an ice tray in her hand. Two of the cubes had been removed and had apparently been dropped down the back of Brain's open jeans.

She and Stuart watched in great amusement as Brian twisted and wriggled, tugging at his jeans until he found both the offending cubes. Laughing bitterly, he rushed at her with the half-melted chunks of ice and proceeded to force them down the front of her jeans. Kate squealed, laughing hysterically, and dropped the ice tray so she could defend herself with her flailing hands. Brian toppled her onto the fluffy white carpet in the hallway and held her arms down so she couldn't remove the cubes. He sat on her legs, pinning her, all the while laughing like a loon as she screamed in pain from the ice melting on her body.

"You fucking dick!" she hollered. "Get off me!!" Still laughing too hard to really move, Kate bucked under him in an attempt to throw him off, but Brian was just too heavy for her.

Grinning, he looked over at Stuart who was leaning in the doorway spectating. "Did you see her coming up behind me?"

"No," he answered honestly. "I was quite distracted."

The ice having finally turned to water against her skin, Kate began to slowly gain control of her breathing. "GET THE FUCK OFF ME, YOU DICKHEAD!" she yelled.

"Dickhead?" he repeated. "I'm a dickhead? Who the fuck started this?"

"You were being bad," Kate said by way of justification. "I had to do something! You two were a fucking runaway train!"

Brian's jeans were still open but he had long since lost his beautiful erection in all the fracas. He stood and pulled his trousers up, adjusting his impressive equipment before zipping his fly. He picked up the fallen ice tray and walked over to Stuart with it, his
eyes glinting with mischief.

"How about you, baby? Do you want one? Cool you off a bit?" Brian worked one of the cubes loose from its compartment and held it up to Stuart's mouth. He ran the frozen square over Stuart's bottom lip, then he brought the cube to his own mouth and licked the same spot.

Stuart felt that trancelike haze fall over him again and he blinked, trying to clear his head. Kate was up again, tugging at the two cold wet spots down the right leg of her jeans. She stood behind Brian and wrapped her arms around his solid waist. She peered up at him.

"Bri, look at me."

Heaving an annoyed sigh, Brian looked at her.

"Come downstairs with me," she instructed. "Leave him alone. He's taken."

"He wants me," Brian said, looking directly into Stuart's eyes.

"No," Kate said. "You just pulled the cobra whammy on him. He doesn't know what he wants. Come downstairs." She started dragging him toward the stairs and ended up getting hold of his back pockets with her hands. She dug her heels into the rug, bent
her knees for better leverage and tugged on him so hard they both nearly fell over.

Stuart laughed outloud, unable to take it anymore. He walked around behind Brian and grabbed his friend by her small, compact waist. "Come on, Katey. I'LL go downstairs, how's that?"

"Fine," she gasped. "Thank you." She hooked his arm and the two of them went down the long staircase and back into the living room.

"Oh, you're not getting away THAT easily," Brian said, bounding down after them. He broke low and scooped both of them up by their waists, tossing them onto the couch in a giggling pile.

He flopped on top and mad tickling ensued. Their laughter echoed and rang off the polished tile floors in Kate's expensive house.

Vince:

Alex leaned across the table in Hazel's kitchen and spoke in a soft, conspiratorial tone. "Vincent, if you have one functioning brain cell in your head, why on earth did you let him go to New York without you? We're talking about Stuart, here. He can't be
allowed to go anywhere without at least one chaperone--although three, big surly security guards with tasers would be better."

Vince breathed a laugh, replaying the conversation he and Stuart had just before he left the flat for the airport. He knew Stuart MEANT to ignore his permission to play, but he also knew his lover was very weak in the face of temptation. Stuart remained governed by his sex drive and his sex drive was stronger than ever.

Hazel refilled their wine glasses from the bottle of Merlot Vince had brought to go with dinner. A half-smoked Benson dangled from her lip and her red hair was pulled up in a bun. She smiled at her son as she filled his glass but she didn't say anything. For some reason, she'd been quiet on the subject of Stuart's trip to New York from the beginning. Vince took that to mean that she either had nothing to say--which was unlikely--or whatever she would say would upset him too much.

"I'm just saying," Alex continued. "The longest you two have EVER been apart--even before you fell head first into the love pit--was two days. Since you've been a couple, you've never been apart. Right?"

"Right," Vince agreed, actually a bit surprised by that realization. He hadn't been aware that he and Stuart were so dependent on each other.

"How the hell is he going to get along without you there to reign him in?"

Vince picked up his glass and swirled the dark red liquid thoughtfully. "He's not a child, Alex. He can think for himself. Besides, I told him he could . . ." he trailed off, suddenly changing his mind about disclosing that particular detail.

"He could what?" Alex pressed.

Hazel sat down again, ashing her cigarette in a small glass tray on the counter behind her. She looked at her son expectantly, also very curious about what he was going to say.

Reluctantly, Vince slumped back in his chair. He took a sip of the wine and held it in his mouth before swallowing. He'd been dying to talk to Hazel about this, but scared to death to reveal it to her just the same. Finally, he just looked up and started talking. "I told him he was free to shag someone else while he was in New York as long as he never told me about it. Not as long as we both lived."

"You did WHAT?" Alex exclaimed, standing up in front of his chair. "Are you mad, Vince? What the hell made you do that??? You actually gave that little slut carte blanche to cheat on you?! Oh, Christ, you've really lost it, haven't you?"

Vince looked at Hazel, expecting her to chime in with Alex's high- pitched rant of disapproval, but she was just watching him. A small smile played around her lips and her eyes were gentle and loving. She touched his cheek with her warm hand.

"Hazel," Alex demanded. "Why aren't you yelling at him? He obviously needs his mother to sort him out!"

She picked up her own glass, sipping from it once before she spoke. "It's all he could have done," she said. "There was no other choice." She looked at Vince again, her eyes sad but full of admiration. "He might surprise you still."

"He might do," Vince said.

Hazel reached over and squeezed his hand.

Stuart:

As he settled into bed, Stuart could hear Kate and Brian talking in the other guestroom upstairs. She had put him up in a room down the hall, next door to her room. Probably figured she could keep an eye on him better that way. The poor girl most likely felt like she was baby-sit a couple of adolescent brats who simply refused to behave.

He could just make out the odd word in their conversation, but he gathered they were talking about him. Kate was telling him to keep off and Brian was telling her no chance. It went around a few times before she finally gave up and wished him good night. He heard her close her bedroom door and then the hallway was quiet. Too quiet.

Stuart thought about calling Vince again but decided he was too sleepy. Finally, he switched off the light on the night table and snuggled into the covers, trying his best not to think about Brian and that fantastic cock only a few feet away down the hall.

Brian:

Unable to sleep, Brian got up and crept across the room to the dresser there. He turned on the lamp on the corner of the smooth, oak surface and looked at himself in the mirror. He ran his fingers through his hair, then down over his naked chest. Stepping out of his shorts, he stood before the mirror naked and hard.

Brian loved to watch himself jerk off. Always had--ever since he was a kid. He had mirrors all over his condo in Pittsburgh for that express purpose. Wetting his fingers with saliva just to get him going, he tugged on his thick erection with quick, purposeful
strokes. He almost moaned out loud but caught it at the last minute. This was meant to be a private session and he didn't want either Kate or Stuart knowing about it.

Stuart . . . God, that hot little Irish boy was going to be the end of Brian if he wasn't careful. No one EVER refused him. That bastard. Brian didn't know what to do. His first attempt had been foiled by that meddling Kate and his next plan felt a bit drastic.
Even in the face of his current desperation, he didn't think it was necessary to resort to THAT. No, he wanted Stuart to roll over of his own volition, not to be forced into it by irresistible measures.

As he stood there in front of the dresser mirror enjoying his cock, Brian's mind raced with possibilities. He had to think of something that would make Stuart want him so badly, he just couldn't say no. But this one was cagey. He wasn't going to be taken down easily. Brian was going to have to pull out all the stops to get what he wanted and still arrange it so Stuart thought it was his own idea.

He wasn't desperate yet, but deep inside Brian knew this wasn't going to be easy.

Stuart:

He woke up to Kate nudging him. She sat on the edge of his bed holding a cordless phone.

"It's your honey," she said, smiling.

"Mm. Thanks." He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and took the phone from her. Kate crept out of the room and closed the door softly. "Hi."

"Hiya," Vince said. "Still sleeping? It's nearly noon there."

Stuart looked over at the clock on the night table and groaned. "Jet- lag. How are you?"

"Fine. Just wanted to say good morning. Tell you I miss you again."

He smiled, lying back down on the pillows. "God, I would love to be next to you right now. Feeling your body and kissing you. Waking up with you is the best thing, Vince. I love that the most about being with you."

Vince sighed. "Aw, luv. Just one more day and you'll be home."

"I know . . ."

"I just wanted to ring you before I left because I'm going to be `round Hazel's most of the day. She's got some project she needs me to help her with and she figured I'd be bored without you around."

"Okay," Stuart said. "I think we'll be out anyway. I'm sure Kate's got some plans."

"Right, then ring me tonight when you get in," Vince said. "Have a wonderful day."

"Love you."

"Bye." Vince blew a kiss then hung up.

Stuart sat with the phone on his chest for a moment, still trying to wake up. A light rap on the door preceded Kate coming back in and she leaned in the doorway dressed in a pretty dark gray pantsuit.

"Was starting to wonder if you were ever planning to wake up," she teased.

He smiled, sitting up again. "It's just the time difference. I'll be all right after I've had some coffee."

"Coming up," she said. "But you have to come downstairs to have it."

"Where's Brian?" he asked, tentatively.

"At that convention, remember? He said he'd call us when they broke for lunch."

"Oh, yeah. That is why he's here, isn't it."

Kate walked over and took the phone, pausing to ruffle Stuart's curls gently. "You shower and get dressed, I'll make you a pot of coffee."

"Thanks," he said, kissing her hand.

She left him again, closing his door, and Stuart sighed with relief that Brian wasn't in the house. He got up and went into the guest bathroom, turning on the hot, pounding shower.  
Kate had decided they were spending their day on Museum Row, but lunch was first. Sitting at a table at the Carnegie Deli, Stuart perused the vast menu and tried to decide between a sandwich or a salad.

"Watch my stuff, will ya?" Kate said. "I have to visit the sandbox." She slid out of the booth and went to off toward the restrooms, leaving her handbag and mobile phone on the table. This made Stuart smile. Kate Stephani was the only woman he'd ever met
that never bothered to take her handbag with her to the toilet.

As he sipped his iced tea and watched the bustle of New York foot traffic out on the sidewalk, Kate's mobile chirped. He vacillated for a second, wondering if she would want him to answer it, and then he just picked it up. Pressing SEND, he brought the lightweight phone to his ear.

"Kate's phone," he said.

"Hey, Stuart," Brian said. The background noise on his end was a jumble of voices and traffic sounds and the far off banging of a jackhammer. "Where's Katey?"

"In the ladies'. Where are you?"

"I'm trying to get a cab that will take me away from this blessed fucking convention. Where are you guys?"

"Carnegie Deli."

Brian started chuckling and Stuart had no idea why. "What?" he asked.

"The way you pronounced it," he said. "CarNEEEgie. It's CARnegie."

"Whatever," Stuart grumbled.

"I'm coming to meet you, all right?"

"Yeah, `course. Want us to wait to order?"

"Yeah, please. I'm starving. Be there in ten minutes. Get me a diet Coke, will ya?"

"Okay. See ya." He hung up just in time to see Kate returning to the table. "Brian's coming to meet us. Wants us to wait to order."

"What about the convention?" she said, scooting into the booth again.

"Apparently it was an unacceptable way for him to spend his day."

"God, he's such a brat." Leaning forward on the table, she looked at him closely. "Do you want to talk about last night?"

"What's to talk about? You broke it up so it didn't happen."

"But it would have," she said. "If I hadn't noticed that both of you were gone for WAY too long, I never would have known about it. You would have cheated on Vince and you would be feeling horrible now."

He shrugged, picking at the wrapper from his straw. "But it DIDN'T happen," he said.

Kate just looked at him. "Do you want me to send him to a hotel for tonight? I have no problem doing that. He's been a very bad
guest."

"Don't be daft," Stuart said. "Just don't leave us alone, all right?"

Taking a deep breath, Kate shook her head. "He won't let up on you, Stuart. He's already said as much to me. He's intent on breaking you down at any cost."

"Yeah," Stuart said. "That's exactly what I would do if I'd been refused by some shag I really wanted. I'd make things very difficult for him until he gave in."

She squeezed a wedge of lemon into her diet Coke. "Do you enjoy being pursued?" she asked.

He considered her question for a moment before answering. "Not in this instance, no. I feel . . . quite vulnerable. I must say."

"So you're attracted to him, then? For sure. It's not just his insistent way?"

Stuart shook his head. "It's very real, Katey-girl. He's got every inch of my attention, so to speak."

Kate snickered, her cheeks reddening slightly. "God, you should have seen your face last night. You were so . . . entranced. I mean, it's just another dick, isn't it?"

He squinted. "Didn't you SEE it?"

Laughing, Kate stirred her straw in her soda, mixing up the lemon juice. "I've seen his dick a thousand times. He's a bit of an exhibitionist, our Brian. I've become immune."

"Well," Stuart said. "I'm not that lucky. His cock is fantastic. It's huge."

"I suppose it's pretty impressive," she agreed. "But for me, it would be a lot more impressive if it wasn't on Brian. That penis's life support system is a big asshole."

"You keep saying that," he said, smiling. "Why are you friends with him if you dislike him so much?"

"I don't dislike him at all! In fact, I adore Brian. I just don't have any illusions about him. Most people tend to forgive their close friends for a myriad unpleasant qualities, don't they?"

"I suppose," Stuart said, wondering just how many unpleasant qualities Vince had forgiven him over the years. "Well, anyway. Don't send him to a hotel. I'd lie to say I wasn't enjoying the game, Kate. But it will only fun as long as I maintain the upper hand."
He looked at her closely. "So don't leave me alone with him."

Nodding decisively, she smiled. "Deal. I'll be all over you like a cheap suit."

They touched their glasses together and Stuart drank, wondering how the hell he was going to get through the next twenty-four hours with his fidelity intact.
Click Here to Continue to Part 3
DeAnna's
Home Page